Well, it happened. My birthday. I had intended just a quiet time at home – after all, I just had a baby six weeks ago, and thought maybe I should stay low key. Maybe cake (I love cake).
Then GrillMates asked me to host a party featuring their yummy grilling seasonings. And, as I love grilling about as much as I love cake… I agreed! We’d have a party after all! Since my birthday is usually always Labor Day weekend, it was a fun way to close the summer out.
Being the birthday gal, I got to pick the menu… lots of meat, marinades, rubs, and… of course, cake!
- Molasses BLT Sliders (Grill Mates® Molasses Bacon Seasoning Blend)
- Chips and Chile Con Queso Dip
Dinner: (I said LOTS of meat!)
- Baby Back Ribs (Grill Mates® Slow and Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub and Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce)
- Chicken (Grill Mates® Spiced Brandy & Herb Marinade)
- London Broil with Montreal Steak Seasoning (Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend)
- Pasta Salad
- Corn on the Cob
- Watermelon (that we GREW!)
We got soda from our favorite local bottler, Hosmer Mountain, and ice from our local ice company. Anda birthday cake from my favorite Italian pastry shop, Mozzicato’s - three layers of spongecake filled with ricotta cheese and smothered with real whipped cream! Delicious!
Seasoning all the meat easily with GrillMates premade spices and rubs saved us more party time for…
So on the occasion of my birth – I ended up with not a quiet night, but with a better gift … family gathered around the table, talk flowing around us, my children playing… and lots of love!
What’s your favorite grilling recipe?
I was provided with GrillMates seasonings as part of a campaign with CrowdTap.com. All opinions are my own.