I’m really excited to share this with you!! Since I hope to create more printables this year, I decided to open up a Happy Strong Home Shop on Etsy! Yes, many of my printables will still be freebies to snag here on the blog. But I’ll also have some sets for sale! Like my Alphabet Block Baby Shower Favor Labels! (Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links).
Since I shared my sister’s twins baby shower decor ideas last year, I’ve had a few people ask me how to make these labels, or where they can buy them. The truth is, I searched high and low to find labels like these. I found pre-made boxes with gorgeous hand-drawn designs on printed labels…they were perfect… and they were sooooo out of my price range. Sad face!
So I figured I’d DIY some printable alphabet block labels for myself!
Alphabet Block Baby Shower Favor Labels
If you’re looking to create an adorable animal or alphabet themed baby shower, then these are the labels for you! I’ve already done all the work and set up the files so they are easy to print.
You can purchase my set of neutral themed Alphabet Block Baby Shower Favor Labels here in my new Etsy shop! This file is an instant download which contains six pages of printable label designs. Half the alphabet is in an orange watercolor and the other half in a green/blue watercolor.
The file contains upper and lowercase letters as well as a matching animal for each letter. The letters U and V have been omitted as I could not find a baby shower appropriate animal for those letters. Plus, the labels print 12 to a page, so printing 26 labels would be wasteful.
To create 24 party favors, print out the entire file once, then select only the animal pages and print those a second time. Label sheets and party favor boxes need to be purchased separately. You’ll see how easy it is to affix two letter labels and two animal labels to each box to create lovely and easy-peasy favors!
Look how cute these labels turned out for my sister’s shower! (I also added pinks and purples to my labels which are currently NOT in the neutral-themed file).
How to make your own DIY Baby Shower Favor Box Labels
If you’re at all handy with Microsoft Word or a similar program, you can put together some customized labels yourself on any theme you like.
- Avery 2″ Square Print-to-the-Edge labels (Avery 22806) – you’ll need to print 4 sheets to create 12 favor boxes, so keep that in mind when you order
- 3″ Cupcake Favor boxes – get as many as you need for your party
- Color ink and printer
- Digital scrapbook “paper” (which is simply an image that has a colorful print or design – I used a watercolor background in several colors which I purchased as a set on Etsy).
- Digital clipart icons – you can download free icons here.
- Be sure to change all your icons to the desired color shade before getting started. Most icons are black images to start. But using Fotor.com, you can easily change the whole icon to another color! I chose white to contrast over the watercolor background.
- Open up your Windows program and select Labels. Choose the appropriate style for the Avery square labels (refer to the Avery labels for directions). You’ll see your file now has light gray boxes showing where your labels will print.
- Select “Insert” and insert your digital scrapbook “paper” or background. Center it over a label box, being sure to enlarge it to overlap the box edges just slightly.
- Once you have your background sized, copy and paste this over all the label boxes.
- Select “Insert” and either insert a text box over the background on each label if you want to write letters or text. OR, begin to insert your icons over the background. You may need to resize and center them over each label.
- Depending on how many variations you will have in your labels, you may have to repeat #3-5. Continue until all your labels have a background and text/icon to your liking!
- Save your file often!
- When you’re done, print a test sheet on blank paper to test your print quality. Overlay your test print onto a label sheet to make sure you are properly aligned. Check for any errors.
- Now print your labels until you have enough for your boxes!
Again, this kind of DIY project does require some technical know-how with Microsoft Word and digital scrapbooking.
So if you need ready-made labels… you can grab the instant download right from my Etsy shop!