Last week it hit 105 degrees F. We were camping. In a tent. No AC.
I lay on our air mattress sweating (to death, it felt), and dreamt longingly of ice. Ice water. Ice Cream. Iced Coffee. Iced Tea. Oh how I would have loved a sweet, cool ice tea. Fortunately, we visited some friends this week who brewed up several batches of iced tea. Once they gave us a lime-basil infused iced tea that was outrageously good. It got me wondering about all the variations of iced tea one could concoct!
From what I’m seeing, iced tea is quickly replacing soft drinks among my friends and family. Iced tea is definitely a summer favorite for hubby and myself. We are used to brewing our own with an iced tea maker. You can use no sugar, or just a little. Or add natural sweeteners like agave nectar. My family has also made “sun tea” by sitting the water and tea bags in a pitcher outside in the sun for several hours. Also delicious. But takes a long time!
This summer, we got to savor the delightful new flavors of Mighty Leaf Iced Tea:
- Sunburst Green Iced Tea – the crisp, yet sweet citrus of sun-riped oranges with green tea leaves. This blend is low in caffeine.
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea – my personal favorite. Delicate peachy undertones with a black leaf tea.
- Calypso Mango Iced Tea – syrupy flavors of tropical fruits and mangoes with South Indian black tea leaves.
- Organic Black Iced Tea – if you prefer no additional flavors, this blend will give you a rich dark brew. I simply can’t help but add a squeeze of lemon or twist of mint into my tea though. I am a big fan of iced tea “add-ons!”
- Mighty Leaf Tea stands apart as a high-quality gourmet tea for several reasons:
- Whole-leaf tea leaves
- Hand-blended fruits and aromatic herbs
- Eco-friendly tea pouch (no wasted bottles)
- Brew and savor in less than 5 minutes!
- one pouch brews up a half-gallon of gourmet tea!
We’ve enjoyed sampling the Mighty Leaf Summer Brewing Kit. I’ve gained a new appreciation for the nuances of various flavors of iced teas, and fruited iced teas! Now that we’re back home from camping, I’ll be brewing up a daily batch!
And I’m not keeping it at home… a gourmet ice tea garnished with mint leaves or lemon slices is a perfect addition to summer parties, picnics, baby/wedding showers, and other hot-weather events!
BUY IT: Shop Mighty Leaf to try all 36 signature whole-leaf tea pouches! You’ll get 2 samples free with your order! If you really love tea, sign up for their Mighty Leaf Rewards to earn Mighty Leaf TeaBucks by referring family and friends or making purchases! Keep up with Mighty Leaf on Facebook and Twitter!
Use this Discount Code: SUMMERTEA15 – 15% off all loose leaf tea & tea bags (Expires 8/31/11)!
Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & Mighty Leaf who provided the complimentary product for review (and giveaway) in exchange for my honest opinions. I was not compensated in any other way, and all opinions are 100% my own.