The time of the pumpkin is finally here! My boys have been clamoring for weeks to paint, pick, and eat anything pumpkin! So to celebrate the season, I created a “Pumpkin Patch” Orange Cream Gelatin Snack Recipe for my kids to enjoy! They told me it was really good, so I’m sharing it with you too!
We are just beginning the season of treats and sweets at holiday parties, school events, and more. I try to allow for some fun snacks, without overdoing the sugar. When TruMoo asked me to create a fall-themed snack with their latest seasonal flavor, Orange Scream, I thought this was a great opportunity to make a pumpkin-themed snack my kids and I could both be happy about.
TruMoo’s fall flavor, Orange Scream is a play off the popular orange creamsicle frozen treat. It’s a yummy flavor they translated into their creamy low-fat milk made with no GMO ingredients, no artificial sweeteners, and no artificial flavors or colors. Plus, it’s a lovely orange color is perfect for October and fall snacks and recipes!
I wanted to showcase the orange color of the Orange Scream milk, so I decided to make a gelatin treat that reminds us of a pumpkin patch! It’s also a riff off the typical “cookies and milk” snack!
For my Pumpkin Patch Gelatin Snacks, I used silicon baking cups with crinkled ridges on the sides to represent the ridged lines of a pumpkin. The silicone cups also makes it easy to remove the molded snack for presentation.
I used cut green bendy straws for the pumpkin stem. You could probably use a candy or green frosting, but I wanted to keep the sugar content down so I went with the straw. I also love how the snacks are already portioned for the kids.
And here’s my recipe!
“Pumpkin Patch” Orange Cream Gelatin Snack Recipe
- 2 cups TruMoo Orange Scream flavored milk (divided)
- 2 unflavored gelatin packets
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 green bendy straws
- 6-8 silicone baking cups
- In one bowl, pour one cup of TruMoo Orange Scream milk. Then sprinkle the gelatin packets over this cold milk. Allow to sit a minute while you heat the other cup of milk.
- In a glass measuring cup, pour another cup of the milk. Heat this milk in the microwave for one minute and fifteen seconds. (Or on the stovetop until just scalding hot but not boiled).
- Stir the gelatin into the cold milk until just blended. Then pour the hot milk in and stir well until the gelatin is all dissolved. (If you later have an issue with the gelatin not setting, you either didn’t heat the milk enough, or need to divide the milk a little unevenly, giving more to the hot milk portion so it can dissolve the gelatin better).
- Once gelatin is dissolved, place silicone baking cups on a tray and pour milk mixture into each cup.
- Chill until set (usually I leave overnight.
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a bag. When milk has set, remove from cups and place on a serving platter (or individual plates if desired).
- Cut the bendy straws close to the bendy part, so you can insert them into the top of the molded snack, and bend the straw to look like a pumpkin stem. Or you can use some of the straight parts too. Adjust to your liking.
- Carefully spoon the crushed cookies around the pumpkins to look like the pumpkin patch dirt.
- Smile and serve! Makes 6-8 depending on size of your silicone cups.
These snacks are really so simple to make, and kids will love the vivid display and digging into the “cookies and milk.” Enjoy this pumpkin themed recipe with TruMoo Orange Scream low-fat milk at all your fall parties and snack times!
Join us for the #TruMoo Twitter Party!
Join me and other TruMoo fans for a TruMoo Twitter Party on October 11, 2017 at 1 pm EST! Follow Hashtag #TruMoo! You’ll get lots of ideas for using TruMoo Orange Scream for all your fall fun!
What would you make with TruMoo Orange Scream milk? Or would you just enjoy it on its own!?
This post was sponsored and compensated by TruMoo. All opinions are my own.