Our extended family will soon have two new babies added to the mix, as my sister is pregnant with TWINS! Wahoo! As she’s setting up her registry and nursery, she’s asked me a lot of questions about what’s most important to get for the babies. There’s definitely a lot of necessities, but then also there are some items that stand out as better for gift-giving!
I’ve reflected on my combined five years of experience with babies and young children as a mom, and came up with this list of gift ideas for babies!
SwaddleSure™ by HALO – Moms will be gifted many of the standard receiving blanket, but inexperienced, new moms may not always know the correct way to swaddle with those, and often they are just too small for safe swaddling. Instead, give baby the gift of warmth and safety with a SwaddleSure™ by HALO. I’ve written a lot about my love for HALO products. Now the 100% cotton SwaddleSure™ Adjustable Swaddling Pouch by HALO helps moms give their babies the comfort of swaddling easier than ever!
- Perfect fit – large adjustable fasteners as well as a large area for the fasteners to connect ensuring a perfect fit every time. Adjusts easily as baby grows.
- Resists breakouts – unlike a receiving blanket, the SwaddleSure™ has patented three-point fastening system that makes it harder for baby to bust out.
- Roomier pouch design – Supports hip health, by not constraining the legs but allowing baby to put them in a natural position and move as needed.
- Easy access to diaper – opens up on the outside making it easy to access baby’s diaper without needing to unswaddle
- Two sizes fit babies 6-12 lbs and 13-16 lbs. Discontinue swaddling when baby shows signs of rolling over or breaking out.
Buy the SwaddleSure™ on Amazon Prime or Babies R Us.
Ergobaby Soft Structured Carriers
I just posted on the Ergobaby blog about 4 Reasons I Babywear. Alas, my baby wearing days are coming to an end, and I will miss that special time. But I still put an Ergobaby at the top of the list for a great gift for moms AND babies!
Ranges from $115-180 depending on style
Leafcutter Designs – New Mommy Tokens are the perfect thing to include with a baby gift. Treat that new mama to some pampering time, a day off from diapering, or a hot cooked meal. These tokens let them “cash in” on six special treats that will save the day!
$6.95 / set
Kinderglo – Only my favorite nightlight! I’ve shared about Kinderglo numerous times on this blog, because we love ours so! We’ve got three! Their softly changing color glow has calmed and soothed my children to sleep for years. And they’re cute! Many styles from Brontesaurus, Elephant, Owl, and more!
More Sweet Gift Ideas for Babies!
Kleynimals – Stainless Steel Baby Keys!
Haba Magic Ball Leaf Jingle Ball – Soft, with texture and sound!
BabyLit books – classic books adapted for the smallest readers! Pride and Prejudice, Romeo & Juliet – you will smile when you see these versions!
Under the Nile Lovies – our oldest son’s favorite lion lovey!!
Tiny Love Gymini Play Mat – our favorite!
Enter to WIN a SwaddleSure by HALO!
One lucky reader wins a SwaddleSure by HALO! Winner chooses size (Small 6-12 lbs, Medium 13-16 lbs), and gender. Open to US or Canada!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post and I was sent items for feature. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means any sales made through clicking those links generate a small commission for me.