One thing I never expected after we had children was the sheer amount of paperwork that goes into keep us all alive, healthy, and happy! There’s forms for everything from dropping our garbage at the local dump to donating outgrown kids’ clothing! For medical needs, there’s always a lot of information and paperwork. Here’s what you need to know immediately after enrolling in a health care plan. These four tidbits will keep you on top of the info (and from pulling your hair out later on!).
What you need to know immediately after enrolling in a health care plan
When does my plan start? Yes, good question! Hold off on those doctor’s appointments until you have this start date firmly circled on your calendar. You may think it’s the first of the month (logical!), but every employer is different, so be sure to double check!
Which doctors can I see? A change in plans may sometimes require a change in doctors. Check whether your plan is a PCP (Primary Care Physican who can refer you to other specialists), In-Network, or Preferred In-Network plan. It’ll make a huge difference in your bills!
The ID card is important! You’ll need this card for doctor visits and pharmacy prescriptions. Some plans have a separate card for each member of the family. And, check to see whether you can get a copy of your ID card digitally on your phone – this will save you lots of time and stress if you have an emergency (like when your child gets sick on vacation?).
Know who you’re going to call. And it’s not Ghostbusters! Enter the number off the back of your ID card into your contacts, download any available apps, and save the health care plan website as a favorite.
Armed with this information, you’re ready to roll after you enroll!
UnitedHealthcare (UHC) has more fun games and quizzes to help you get started on the right road after enrollment in your health care plan. Just visit their website, play the contest games and enter to win!
- Play the Health Facts 1-2-3 Quiz – a simple multiple choice or True/False quiz about using your health care plan!
- Watch the short Look and Learn video – know what to do after you enroll in a health care plan (answer a quick question afterwards to play).
- Play the Perfect Match memory game – helps you understand basic health care terms
Each contest/game has its own sweepstake with the following prizes:
- One $100 weekly winner
- One $500 monthly winner
And that’s it! Did you count them – that’s THREE easy ways to enter to win! You can play daily for more chances!
BONUS: $100 Amazon.com Gift Card Giveway just for playing!
UnitedHealthcare has generously provided a $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com as an extra prize JUST for my blog readers! Each time you enter THEIR giveaway, you can earn another entry into MY giveaway! Here’s how to scoop up all those entries:
- Visit the UHC site and complete the 3 engagements each day
- Fill out their forms at the end to enter, and be sure to use this promocode: HAPPYSTRONGHOME (it’s REQUIRED for my giveaway!)
- Come back here and enter my giveaway below!!
- Return DAILY to enter both my giveaway and the UHC contests! (Start here with me, I’ve got all the links for you!)
**Note: Winners may only win ONE UHC-sponsored blog giveaway per month (among all participating bloggers).
Sponsored by UnitedHealthcare; I received compensation for sharing this message. All opinions are my own. I am not responsible for fulfilling giveaway prizes.