When it comes to grilling, no day is the grill more active than on a national holiday, am I right?
While we’re celebrating the 4th of July and American freedom, it’s fun to also have people gather, eat good food, and just enjoy the moment.
This 4th of July, Omaha Steaks reached out to ask me to share some of their mouth-watering burger recipes with you. Oh boy, some of these have my mouth absolutely watering! Oh wait, but first I should tell you this: Omaha Steaks launched a new line of gourmet burgers this past May. Now you don’t have to just do classic burger (with maybe a fancy piece of cheese on top).
The innovative offerings from Omaha Steaks include: brisket burgers, pork and bacon burgers, lamb burgers, veggie burgers, and salmon burgers! (Be on the alert – turkey and bison burgers are coming, and I’m still waiting for a grass-fed version to show up!!).
Our family eats burgers maybe every other week… that’s less than most Americans (48% eat burgers once a week!) according to SeriousEats.com! We’re excited to be trying out three of the new burger varieties this 4th of July! And you don’t hav to stop with just the gourmet burger – how about gourmet toppings?
Here’s three new ways to “burger” this 4th of July, coming straight from Omaha Steaks’ Executive Chef Karl Marsh!
Mediterranean Lamb Burger with Feta Cheese and Tzatziki Sauce
- 4 Omaha Steaks New! Lamb Burgers
- 2 tsp. Omaha Steaks Seasoning
- 4 oz Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 4 Ciabatta Buns
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki Sauce
- 4 Large Beef Steak Tomato Slices
- 4 Green Leaves
- Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce ahead of time.
- Clean and preheat grill to high. Season burgers as desired with Omaha Steaks All Natural Seasoning. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until internal temperature reads 160°F. Sprinkle crumbled Feta Cheese on each burger before removing from the grill.
- Lightly toast the Ciabatta Buns on the grill. Then spread 1 Tbsp of Tzatziki Sauce on each half of bun.
- Place burgers on buns and top with green leaf and tomato slices.
- Tzatziki Sauce (Makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 each Large Cucumbers (Peeled, Seeded and Diced)
- 1/4 cup Red Onion (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (Fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Combine all and mix well.
- Store up to 1 week in fridge.
- 2 slices Rye Bread
- 1 tsp. Mayo
- 1 slice Swiss Cheese
- 6oz Omaha Steaks New! Brisket Burgers
- Sprinkle All Natural Seasoning
- 1 oz Corned Beef Brisket Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Thousand Islands
- 1/4 cup. Sauerkraut
- Green Leaf
- Cole Slaw
- Omaha Steaks Steakhouse Fries
1. Sprinkle burger with Omaha Steaks All Natural Seasoning and grill to desired doneness.
2. Spread mayonnaise on rye bread and place on medium grill with mayonnaise side down.
3. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on one slice of bread.
4. Place corned beef and sauerkraut on the other slice.
5. Grill bread until toasted and cheese is melted.
6. Place cooked burger on top of sauerkraut and top with the other piece of toasted rye.
7. Slice in half and serve
Southwestern Salmon Burger with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Avocado and Pico de Gallo
- 4 Omaha Steaks New! Aztec Salmon Burgers
- 4 Whole Wheat Bun
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Pico De Gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 each Avocado, sliced
1. Prepare Chipotle Mayonnaise and Pico De Gallo.
2. Grill, broil or pan-fry the Salmon burger until internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
3. Slice bun in half and toast on grill or broiler.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of Chipotle Mayonnaise on each half of bun.
5. Place cooked salmon burger on bun and top with Pico De Gallo and avocado slices. Place remaining bun on top.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. Canned Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce Pureed
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Combine all ingredients and mix well. It can be stored for 1 week in refrigerator. Makes about 4 servings.
Pico De Gallo
- 1/2 cup Diced Roma Tomatoes, ¼” pieces
- 2 Tbsp Diced White Onion, ¼” pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Jalapeno, minced very fine with the seeds
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
Which burger would be your favorite? Hubby will be loving that Reuben but I think I’m liking that spicy salmon recipe! If you like these burger ideas, pin this image to share with your friends!
Omaha Steaks is available by calling 1-800-228-9055, online at www.OmahaSteaks.com or at retail stores nationwide.
Thanks to Omaha Steaks for sending product in exchange for sharing this message. All opinions are my own.