Where else can you get a bunch of moms together to talk about the finer details of poop, pee, and stinky diapers? It seems to be a common thread among cloth diaper lovers that we are NOT squeamish to talk about such topics!
Last night I hosted the 3rd EVER SmartBottoms Virtual Cloth Diaper Party! I had about eight guests over the house to learn more about cloth diapering, but also over 100 of you (my fans!) logged in to the virtual party to view the video. Many of you participated in the chat as well!
SmartBottoms President Christy Malone and her husband flew (I still can’t believe this) out to my house to present the party to my guests. Christy discussed the history of SmartBottoms design, the ins and outs of cloth diapering including sizing, washing, de-stinking, and more!
A few facts I learned (or re-remembered!) was how every part of the SmartBottoms diaper that can be made in the US, is. That the absorbent material inside the diaper is not microfleece (which can get stinky) but a combination of polyester, cotton and fleece. Christy also showed us the different sizes of SmartBottoms, and the differences between the Smart One AIO and the Smart Cover. And, having personally felt their prefolds and wipes, I can tell you those are the softest things EVER!
I certainly had fun chatting with my guests at home and online! There were giveaways online and for my at-home guests which were so much fun! I pulled my name! LOL, but decided to pass the winning on to someone else!
If you’re excited about fluff, hosting a diaper party is a super fun way to share it with your friends! Christy will fly to your house, too, if you sign up for your own party (and you get great bonuses like cash rewards and gift cards!). Here are my tips for a great virtual CD party:
- Have snacks ready to go when your home guests arrive, so you can start on time for online guests. Then anyone who arrives late to your house can grab some snacks and settle in!
- Set up a card table for Christy to display her products. Use a blank wall as a backdrop because too many objects in the background gets distracting. If possible, set it so guests can get up without walking in front of the camera (I forgot that little detail!)
- I strongly recommend setting up your laptop so you can check in with your virtual guests and drop a few lines in the chat box. I used my Netbook at a TV table, and enjoyed both parties at once. (Be sure to mute the video though). I also promoted the party on Facebook and Twitter for the first half hour to remind folks the party had started!
- Have a husband, aunt, grandma to help with your children – my son stayed up WAY past his bedtime, because I wanted him to say hi to all of you, but it was great to hand him off to dad for bed right after that, while I stayed with my company.
- If you have a SmartBottoms diaper, put it on your baby in time for the party. Nothing sells a cloth diaper better than seeing it in action on a live baby! Although Christy has clean baby underwear for sanitary liners if your guests want to try a SmartBottoms on their baby.
Don’t forget – the SmartBottoms All-in-One giveaway is still open until next Tuesday, February 15. Get an extra entry if you attended the party last night, if you book a party yourself, or if you place an order before the giveaway closes (use dist. code cm1001, or Party ID JulieAYWMD).
Have you had or attended a cloth diaper party (virtual or real)? What are your tips for successful party hosting?