I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Planet Fitness. I received a membership to Planet Fitness to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Having a fitness goal as a new year’s resolution might seem passé, but it’s no secret that most of us want to maintain or improve our health year to year.
Perhaps you’re considering a health club membership or maybe unsure about continuing your current membership. I’ve been a member at several health clubs in my life, and I know from experience: if you don’t go, you’re wasting your money and just discouraging yourself.
So how do you get the most out of your health club membership this year?
1. Fit your schedule. Do you go multiple times a week? on weekends? Do you like to be up early or get in a post-dinner workout? Basically: Do their hours fit your schedule?
One reason I enjoy my Planet Fitness membership is they are open 24/7 Monday through Friday! I am a serious night owl, and so I love the option to head over to workout after the boys are in bed. It’s great for our family because late nights are not a time that takes away from my time with my kids or hubby. But I can still do something great for myself even late. And I can’t get away with “but they’re almost closing” as an excuse for not going.
2. Fit your finances. Many fitness club memberships are expensive and charge huge start up fees! And if you’re sick or only get there a few times a month, if feels like a huge waste.
At Planet Fitness, now through January 9, 2015, the start up fee is $1 – yes ONE DOLLAR! – and then you pay $10 a month with no commitment or contract! It’s the most reasonable health club cost I’ve ever seen.
3. Fit your location. One reason I left my old health club years ago, is that the location became inconvenient. Nobody wants to drive far just to workout.
The Planet Fitness Black Card membership allows me to visit ANY Planet Fitness club in the country (10x outside my franchise network and unlimited inside)! If I’m at my mom’s I can head to the one by her house! So location is never an issue, meaning I’ll get usage out of my membership no matter where I travel. TIP: Always leave a set of workout clothes in the car!
4. Fit your friendships. Are you finding it hard to squeeze everything in? Socializing and staying fit both take time. Why not combine the two? Plus, some of us (hi there, that’s me!) are more motivated to workout when we have a partner. The workout machines seem less intimidating when you’re with someone else to help you figure it out (or laugh with you when you can’t get the step workout routine quite right!).
Planet Fitness’s Black Card membership ($19.99/month) allows you to bring a guest every visit! I’ve taken my sister and my husband on separate occasions. I don’t always take a buddy, but being able to bring a friend unlimited times is a huge plus. Pizza Mondays once a month would be a great time to bring a guest!
5. Fit in a class. If you’re getting back into a workout routine or a newbie to health clubs, I recommend you sign up for a class. You’ll learn the layout, machines, and new workout routines.
There’s over FIFTY small group and individual classes each week at Planet Fitness. All included in your membership. Learn how to use the equipment correctly, get training and feedback from a professional trainer.
Making choices that move you forward
Everyone is at a different place with fitness goals, but everyone can make choices that move you forward. Instead of spending tons of money on a health club membership that doesn’t really “workout” for you (haha, I couldn’t resist!), find one that fits. Then you’ll actually go, get the fitness benefits, and not feel like you’ve wasted time and money.
So how have my workouts been going?
I’ve been at Planet Fitness for over two months now, and I love the ease and convenience. Having the membership has increased my workouts from “sporadic” to a couple times a week.
I appreciate the upkeep of the facility – the building is spacious, brightly designed, and very clean. The equipment is high quality, with many TVs and channels to watch while you do your cardio. The machines are never crowded – even the 30 minute circuit center always has room when I go.
My favorite aspect of my Planet Fitness membership is the free classes. Even though I’ve been an off/on health club member many years in the past, I still learned better ways to adjust the weight machines to my body for a better fit. And our local PF trainer challenged me in my workout – I am not one to push myself too much when it comes to weigh training, so I appreciated his guidance and tips, and yes, that extra fourth set.
My fitness goals for 2015: Bump up to three workouts per week, one of which will be a Planet Fitness class! My long-term goal of all this working out is to sign up for a 5K in the spring, summer, and fall!
Make the most of your health club with Planet Fitness’s New Year’s Membership Sale!
Now through January 9, 2015, sign up for a Planet Fitness membership for just $1 and then $10 per month – no contract required! Visit Planet Fitness to find your location and get more details. Follow Planet Fitness on Facebook and Twitter. And if you’re into sharing your success, join the Planet of Triumphs where you can support other members and share your own personal stories!
Tell me about your fitness goals for the year and how you’re working to meet them!