Okay. I thought Craft Artist was just another digital scrap booking software. But boy, was I wrong!
This software is amazing! It’s like you have actual scissors, glue, fabric, glitter, stamps in your hands. But no – they are on the computer screen, and just as realistic looking!
And you don’t just make scrapbooks – you can make party crafts like cupcake wrappers and toppers (my new favorite thing since I mangle frosting!). Choose a shape, add a background, embellishments… voila! Print, cut, stick on toothpicks or wrap around a cupcake. WOW! I wish I had these when I did my baby’s birthday!
Or, create a bunting banner to hang at a party. (Instead of spending hours sewing one like I did!).
Or, make fun masks for a party! You start with a blank template and drag in your backgrounds and embellishments. Print, cut, wear! Cards, invites, envelopes, gifts… so much you can create with this software.
When I first installed, I only put in ONE of the four CDs in this software. And even with just one disk, I had plenty of digiscrap kits at my fingertips (thorough kits too, complete with backgrounds, embellishments, frames, alphabets, oh my!). And… there are dozens more kits available online, many for free!
I tried out a ton of features and projects. Still not good at the more complex tools like cutting with digital scissors! I finally settled on making a mini photobook: Boy Wonder! I figured my DH would love the comic book theme! Here are some pages (I did this in like 20 minutes because the page layouts were already created!).
You can share your projects by printing, uploading to DaisyTrail, or saving as a PDF or JPG and emailing to friends. Here’s some other key points about Craft Artist Platinum:
- Awesome digikits – I have gotten tired of hunting through the internet for free digiscrap, so this was a lifesaver!
- Professional templates – makes scrap booking super quick. You just select page templates from within your digikit. All the pages complement each other. You can add/remove features on the page.
- Cropping photos IN the frame – size and slide the photo till it fits the frame the way you want it.
- No pop ups – work on your project without annoying pop ups that ask you to save your work every time you switch pages. It auto-saves!
- Create digikits and templates – as you design, you might find you made an awesome page layout. Save this as a template! Or assemble a selection of digikit elements into a personalized digikit.
- Stenciling – I loved using the spray tool to stencil designs over my layouts!
Not my favorites:
- Free downloads a little confusing. Downloading free digikits from DaisyTrail was fast; but I couldn’t figure out how to access them. I found if I closed the program the new digikit was then available.
- Lacks easy social media sharing. I would have loved to share my photobook on Facebook. I can still do it if I export all the pages as images, but that is time consuming.
- CraftArtist DigiKits only – It’s a little difficult to import digiscrap kits you already have. It seems you have to add each item as a photo. Then you could possibly create a kit with the elements yourself. I wish it were easier to just import a kit, as I have several sets I adore, and some I have paid money for. I would want to use them in this software!
But those slight drawbacks do not take away from the wonderful package of digiscrap software in Craft Artist Platinum! I can’t wait to keep on scrappin’!
Win a CraftArtist Platinum Software package for the mom in your life (or you!) ARV $59.99 – It includes all the content from Wedding Day, Baby Photos, Greeting Cards and Scrapbooks plus the CraftArtist Professional software, with added features, digital tools, embellishments, materials and backgrounds.
Disclosure: I was sent a product to facilitate this review. I was not compensated in any other way, and all opinions are 100% my own.