The boys rush down the stairs each morning, and nearly want to skip breakfast… all so they can get outdoors as soon as possible!
It’s hilarious to me how the shift in weather has completely shifted their play expectations! And I for one couldn’t be happier! And it’s not like my kids really NEED outdoor activity ideas, but… here’s what we’ve been enjoying!
- Bubbles – quintessential outdoor fun!
- Squirt guns – cool off!
- Gardening – give them a space and let them have at it. Or show them how to plant seeds and seedlings
- Dinosaur digging – bury some plastic dinosaurs in the garden and have them excavate
- Bike riding – classic!
- Sidewalk Chalk drawing
- Building blocks – bring some building supplies outdoors (blocks or cardboard boxes)
- Sensory Nature Walks
- Backyard picnics
- Farm visits
- Park trips
- Neighborhood walks
- Outdoor painting or art
- Play running games like Red Light, Green Light or Red Rover, Red Rover if you have a lot of kids
- Bug Hunt
- Have a car wash with toy cars
- Water Ballon fights!
- Basketball (use any kind of bin or basket!)
- Treasure hunt
- Visit a Splash Pad
- Fly a kite
- Roll down a hill
Everyone’s a winner when you get outdoors!
Finding outdoor activities for preschoolers makes the day fly by, and can be a fun change for parents too! Fresh air and a little sunshine is good for the soul! Unplug and just enjoy it!
And… this will sweeten the deal and get you heading outdoors: if you share your outdoor selfie… you could win a Char-Broil Easy-Assemble 3 Burner Gas Grill from United Healthcare’s We Dare You to Share May contest!! Go ahead – upload your selfie now to get an entry!Then enter two other ways for more great prizes:
- Take a fitness quiz (grand prize is a $400 Visa gift card)
- Match the calorie-burning activities (grand prize is a $400 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card)
There will be weekly $25 gift cards awarded as well, so get your entries in! These giveaways are so easy to enter!!
Do you have some outdoor activity ideas for preschoolers and older kids that you could share!?
This post is brought to you by United Healthcare and I was compensated for sharing this message. All opinions are my own.