We’re always looking for new ways to get the kids outdoors for family time. Hiking, biking, walking… three of our favorite simple family activities.
But. All these activities mean we have a lot of “gear” – and if we want to switch gears, we have to haul a lot of different items with us. Which is why I’m excited to share the benefits of a 3 in 1 stroller like the Croozer Kid for 2 sent to us courtesy of Croozer for our review.
With a 3 in 1 stroller, you can transport your kids in three ways: Walk. Jog. Bike.
The walking / stroller (buggy if you’re not from the US!) wheel is a swivel center wheel that easily attaches with a locking pin right under the children’s feet.
To attach the fixed jogging wheel, two aluminum arms slide into the side of the stroller, and then the larger inflatable jogging wheel tightens into the center with another locking pin. Hubby switched out the stroller wheel for the jogging wheel in just a few minutes midway through our walk one night. It’s easy to stash the extra hardware in the back storage area.
For biking, an offset aluminum arm fits into one side of the stroller and attaches to your bike with an axle hitch.
A 3 in 1 stroller is handy when:
You’re traveling! For instance, camping. It’s impossible for us to bring BOTH a bike trailer AND a stroller. So it was handy to just bring the bike trailer attachment and the Croozer. Voila. Two capabilities.
You’re enjoying local life! Use the bike trailer arm for biking through town or other locales, but when you have to hoof it, quickly switch out to the stroller wheel.
You have little storage space! When your car or your garage / basement is tight for space, you’ll appreciate not needing THREE different strollers.
Other features of the Croozer Kid 3 in 1 Stroller:
- If you have the Croozer Kid for 2 like we do, you’ll always have room for two children OR your singleton can invite a friend!
- The buggy part has a low center of gravity for a safe ride. This also makes for easier pushing while jogging!
- Five point frame anchored seatbelts add safety. The handlebar doubles as a roll bar.
- Insect mesh screen and weather / rain fly keep your children protected from the elements.
- Large rear storage to hold the extra Croozer attachments and the diaper bag!
- Each wheel has its own brake.
- Reflective markings for evening rides.
- Folds up for transport. Just to note: the width of this stroller does NOT fit through our doorways when open, so we always have to fold it up to get it out of the basement (we don’t have a garage). However, it does fold up pretty compactly considering how large it is when open!
Enjoying our 3 in 1 stroller
We have used our Croozer Kid for 2 in every configuration. I really love how the boys can sit side by side and enjoy each others company (they might not feel the same! ha!).
We’ve even had the opportunity to test out the rain fly when we got caught in a downpour on the way back from a trip out for ice cream! We did experience a bit of leakage right at the top of the stroller, however. The rain fly worked, but it’s only in the front. Rain or splashes from the road or bikes somehow got in through the top where there is only the canvas fabric covering. The baby got a little wet but not much.
And of course, anything that motivates me to get out and jog with the kids is a huge plus in my book!
Check out Croozer Kids – they have a single child 3 in 1 stroller as well as the double. Croozer also makes a dog buggy and a cargo buggy! Love that!
You can purchase the Croozer Kid for 2 on Amazon.com (affiliate link) for $459.00. (Makes a great Christmas gift!).
What feature of a 3 in 1 stroller would you use the most? Walk? Bike? Jog?
Thanks to Croozer for sending a stroller for our review. All opinions are 100% my own.