It’s a new year, but I’m still working on a last year project – Inspiring Small Spaces! Remember that reading nook I started? I’m getting really excited to share the new look with you in a week or so!
I did a few crafts around this latest home decor concept, and both were so easy and came out great so I want to share them with you!
I wanted a few accessory pieces to bring out some of the colors in the pieces I received from Raymour and Flanigan. But after shopping several stores, I couldn’t find the right sized tray.
So I decided to make my own! It’s so easy!
What you’ll need to make a DIY Frame Tray:
- 1 frame in size of your choice (I think a 5×7 or 8×10 works best)
- 4 glass pebbles (the craft kind with the flattened bottom)
- Tacky glue (I used jewelry glue)
- Fabric piece of your choice in a size large enough to fit the frame
- Flat head screwdriver
- Using the flat head screwdriver, pry the frame stand off the back of the frame
- Open the frame and place the fabric piece inside (trimmed to fit)
- Replace frame backing and close
- Place a dot of glue on each of the four glass pebbles
- Glue a pebble to each corner of the frame
- Let dry
And you’re done! Enjoy your tray to hold a small cup of coffee or a breakfast biscotti. Or keep a moleskine journal and pen handy for writing down ideas.
What else could you use a small tray for?