I’m wondering what your first response is to that question right now. Do you know which areas of your body are most at risk for skin cancer?
Surprisingly, not everyone does. And? It’s different areas of the body for men versus women. Yep, that’s right! Because of differences in skin, clothing, and product application, ladies, your at-risk areas will likely differ from a man’s.
So, which areas of your body ARE at most risk for skin cancer?
I know you want to know… so here you go:
Men… are most at risk on their back and the back of their neck.
Women… and this was so surprising to me… we are most at risk on our legs and feet. Are you going “Huh!?” too!? I sure was!
Of course, not to say you can’t get skin cancer elsewhere on the body, because you certainly can. But apparently for men and women, these are the areas most at risk and with most incidences of skin cancer.
Here’s my top ways to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays:
If you’ve read my blog for long, you know I’m an advocate for healthy and natural sun protection.
- Wear a non-nano particle natural sunscreen
- Wear sun protective clothing
- Wear the right kind of sunglasses (and be sure your kids wear sunglasses too!)
- Avoid long periods of sun exposure
- Avoid sun exposure during peak times
- BONUS: Hydrate and apply healing lotions if you do get burned
Keep your skin healthy and win prizes too!
I have another great We Dare You to Share contest opportunity for you this month! It’s all about protecting our skin from the sun and keeping our largest organ healthy!
- Take this quiz to see what you know and learn more about skin health in summertime! Your entry could win you: a Fastraxx 2-Awning Canopy!! Perfect for keeping the sun off your skin.
- Share how you protect your skin! Upload your photo for an entry to win: a $400 massage gift card! (Oh boy, that’ll make you treat your skin right!)
- And to see how other people reacted to my question above,watch this video about which areas of the body are most at risk for skin cancer. Your entry could win you: a $400 prepaid cash gift card!!
Plus, don’t forget, each entry gives you the chance to win weekly $25 GC prizes as well!
You have the rest of July to enter, but don’t wait long! Enter today!
Did you know the areas of the body most at risk for skin cancer? How do you care for your skin in the summer?
This post is brought to you by United Healthcare and I was compensated for sharing this message. All opinions are my own.