Sadly, death from SIDS continues to be a risk for babies. Yet there are many precautions parents can take to reduce risks.
1. A lot of people my parent’s age are surprised to hear that doctor’s now recommend sleeping babies on their back to reduce risk of SIDS.
2. Breastfed babies are said to have lower incidents of SIDS, possibly because they wake more frequently to feed, and also parents wake often too.
3. Another safe sleep precaution for babies is not having lose blankets in the crib or bassinet. These can end up over baby’s head and cause suffocation. I have had our baby next to me playing and before you know it, he’s pulled his play blanket over his face to check it out. If this happened at night while we were all sleeping, that would be so dangerous!
4. At the same time, nights get cold here in New England, even with the heat on in the house. I know I personally could not sleep without a blanket. So what about baby? The answer is use a warm SleepSack from HALO Innovations! I’ve shared my thoughts on HALO several times here and here.
Now they have a great new fashion: the Cable Knit SleepSack!
This cotton SleepSack is a thick, high quality cotton knit. the texture is just lovely and I know my baby is warm tucked inside this SleepSack!
Roomy enough for my twenty-six inch, nearly 19 pound six-month old, and with room to grow!
Did you know?
- The Halo SleepSack is used in hospital nurseries nationwide, and is the #1 choice of hospital nurseries
- Recommended by safety organizations and is approved as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- HALO supports non-profit organizations like First Candle/SIDS Alliance and The Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths.
I love the HALO brand, not just because they offer cute and comfy sleep products for babies, but because of the wonderful outreach they do to support parents and organizations!
Halo Cotton Cable Sweater Knit SleepSack® Wearable Blanket retails for $38 and is available in three colors: Pink with bird, Blue with airplane, and Cream with sheep.
WIN IT: One lucky reader wins a Halo Cotton Cable Sweater Knit SleepSack! Enter in the Rafflecopter form below! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
GIVEAWAY RULES: Open US/CAN. 18+ to enter/win. Winner will be emailed directly and have 48 hours to respond to claim their prize! Ends 11:59 on February 18, 2013. Fulfillment handled by HALOSleep.
Thanks to HALO Sleep for sending product to review and offering a reader giveaway. All opinions are 100% my own.