With so many summer parties and picnics going on, it’s a good idea to have a few games or activities for people to play. Better yet, try these 12 awesome outdoor games for your next picnic!
Whenever I plan a party or picnic, one of my first stops (after Pinterest! ha!), is Oriental Trading.com. They asked me to share some of my favorite summer fun items, and I could hardly narrow it down to one topic! But picnic games are definitely my favorite, so let me share a few of my favorite outdoor games and activities from Oriental Trading.
12 Awesome Outdoor Games for Your Next Picnic
Active games like Crawl Through Arches, Ladder Ball or playing with a 12 Foot Super Sturdy Parachute keeps a party in motion!
- Crawl Through Arches reminds me of Alice in Wonderland and the croquet scene! Perfect if you’re having a themed party (new movie just came out!).
- Play some music and have kids try to keep time while all holding onto the giant parachute – that gets hilarious pretty quickly!
- Ladder ball is perfect for smaller yards, and it’s easy to set up and have people take turns playing at their leisure.
- And who could resist a big giant 6 foot beach ball? Kids will create their own memorable time and invent games with something this wildly fun!
For kids who love to run, try some racing games.
- Connect It 3-Legged Race Bands makes getting an old-school race up and running in no time!
- Or try Patriotic Potato Sacks for a quick-start competition! These two are great choices for family reunions and backyard picnics!
- The Bucket Game is a twist on the classic game of tag. Strap a bucket to the back of each child’s waist, and have them run around trying to fill each other’s buckets with bean bags!
Giant Board games are a fun way to have fun when you may not have space for running around. Or you have people at the party who can’t be as active.
- Oversized garden dice is a great option for a crowd-sized game of Yatzhee!
- Pull out the sheet-sized Outdoor Snakes & Ladders games and surprise everyone!
- Giant domino pieces add new dimension to this oldie-but-goodie game! It’s a great one for playing with adults and children as teams!
Tabletop and handheld games make a classic choice for picnic table excitement.
- I recommend a classic like a real Bingo game with tumbling wooden balls. I remember playing this at my Grandma’s house when I was a kid – the sound of the wooden beads means summer family gatherings to me!
- Or pegboard games – set those out on each party table while people wait to eat!
Classic outdoor games are “classic” for a reason – they are simple, easy to set up and play, easy to learn, and allow a large group of people to have fun together!
I hope you enjoy this summer time of fun with these super-fun outdoor games for your next picnic!
What’s your favorite picnic or outdoor party game to play!?
This is a sponsored post and I received product in exchange for posting. All opinions are my own.