I still get excited to check the mail every day. I’m holding out hope for something more exciting than another way to save money on cable/windows/electricity, etc. The heydays of snail mail have long passed, but I think we should send more snail mail! Here’s thirty-one times you could send a little snail mail someone’s way!
Sponsored by Basic Invite.
31 reasons to send snail mail
- Thank someone for a gift
- Say hello to a long-distance friend
- Celebrate an anniversary with a party invite
- Encourage a friend who’s going through a hard time
- Send an old photograph to a friend
- Share a funny memory
- Invite relatives to your child’s birthday party
- Cheer up a homebound friend
- Thank your mail carrier / newspaper delivery person, or other service provider
- Pass along a helpful article
- Mail a favorite recipe card
- Invite friends to a reunion
- Send a customer a coupon
- Remind a sibling you’re thinking of them
- Share comfort with those who grieve
- Welcome a new baby
- Celebrate an adoption
- Congratulate a new business owner
- Encourage someone in a new job or career
- Send warm thoughts to a kid who’s at college (and maybe a $20!)
- Say I love you
- Wish a retiree the best
- Thank a teacher (either your child’s, or a former teacher of yours!)
- Welcome a neighbor into their new home
- Write a letter to your child to be opened at a later date (postmarks are cool ways to remember when it was written!)
- Send confetti to a friend! (heh heh)
- Wish someone a happy birthday (I mean, this is obvious but hardly ever happens anymore!)
- Thank a veteran
- Share your thoughts with a local politician (handwritten gets attention!)
- Congratulate a graduate (people graduate at all times of year now!)
- Just because.
Honestly, I could write more cards than I do, and I am pushing myself to use up all my stationery this year (so I can get more! Ha). Sending more snail mail will brighten someone’s day, and share my thoughts in a slower, more tangible way than a text or email.
Get personalized stationery and invitations with Basic Invite
With Basic Invite, you get the maximum in personalization, because they have almost unlimited colors – over 180 different color options! And, the ability to change each card element to its own color, so you get very detailed customization. Even their envelopes come in forty different colors!
Choose paper in matte, glossy, or even foil cards in flat or raised foil imprints (these are perfect for holiday party invitations!). And with hundreds of designs, you’ll easily find what fits your needs.
You know what’s super great about Basic Invite? Their address capturing service – yes, now you can send a link out over social media so your friends can submit their addresses securely to your Basic Invite account. Then you can have recipient addresses preprinted on your order, removing the need to fiddle with label printing!
Best of all, you can opt to get custom samples to check out the quality, look, and feel of your invites or cards before you place a large order. Not just random samples, but the actual invitation so you can see exactly what you’re getting! I think that’s an amazing option for everyone from parents to small business owners.
I’ve given you thirty-one reasons to send snail mail, and I’m sure you can think of dozens more. Next time you need to send out some mail, pick Basic Invite! A thank you card or an invitation is a small way to make a mailbox happy!
What reasons would you add to my list!?
Thank you to Basic Invite for sponsoring this post and sending samples. All opinions are my own.