This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of RAGÚ® I don’t know about you, but I’m the kind of person who craves variety in my dinnertime meals. I’m forever scouring the web for easy and simple weeknight dinner ideas! I like to take an idea and turn it into a healthy recipe, and I did that here with this Simple Chicken Parmesan Skillet Recipe made with RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. I know you probably think Chicken Parmesan is an elaborate dish you only order out at restaurants, but it is SO easy to make at home, in about thirty minutes!
Getting your skillet on!
First of all, when I say skillet, I mean a cast iron skillet. Hubby especially loves collecting cast iron skillets and re-seasoning them, so I have plenty to pick from. Grab your biggest one – a 12″ or 14″ if you have it. Otherwise, a stainless steel will do. But I really think this recipe will skillet up nicer in a cast iron!
Now, I come from an Italian family with a history of canning our own tomato sauce. So… I can be pretty choosy about jarred sauces. RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is bursting with flavor because it’s filled with bites of plump tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices! Plus, the new RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce is made with 100% olive oil and contains no added sugar. That makes it my pick for this easy dinner recipe, because we’re trying to avoid extra sugar. So I feel good about serving RAGÚ sauces to my family, even if I didn’t spend a full Saturday canning it myself!
So grab a jar of sauce – grab two if you’ve got a lot of people to feed!
Simple Chicken Parmesan Skillet Recipe
The steps to this recipe are so simple, and you can even do several steps at the same time!
Prep your chicken by slicing and/or pounding flat to have evenly sized cutlets. Then drizzle with oil and dip into a light, seasoned breadcrumb mix you blend yourself (see recipe).
You can get the pasta water going at the same time!
Brown the breaded chicken to crispness, and then simmer in the deliciously hearty RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce until just done. Add slices of cheese and continue to melt on low while you finish up the pasta. Thoroughly sauce your pasta in large bowl.
My family was ga-ga for this dish! The breadcrumbs stayed crispy in places, and the melted cheese and chunky sauce paired perfectly! Each bite was savored and my husband said it was definitely a “make-again” recipe! So there’s proof simple recipes can bring a ton of flavor to the table, without taking a ton of time!
This recipe should take about thirty minutes to make start to finish, and is best served right out of the pan because the cast iron will keep the chicken hot. Call the family to wash and get to the table! Then quickly serve so everyone can enjoy each delicious bite!
Here’s the full recipe for printing:
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half, lengthwise. Or, if you want bigger pieces, pound flat
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices deli mozzerella
- 1 lb thin spagetti
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil on the stove for the pasta.
- Place skillet on stove over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the pan and allow to heat up while you coat the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts in a dish and drizzle with olive oil to coat.
- In a shallow bowl or pan, blend breadcrumbs, grated cheese, and garlic powder.
- Dip each oil-coated chicken piece in the breadcrumbs until coated all over.
- Carefully lay each chicken piece into the heated skillet.
- Allow to brown about 4 minutes. When chicken will lift easily off the pan and underside is a rich brown, flip and brown the other side.
- Once chicken pieces have browned well, reduce heat to medium or medium-low depending on your stove - you want a good simmer heat.
- Pour about 1/4 of the jar of RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce around the chicken and allow to simmer for a minute or more. Check chicken for doneness - the pieces should be just about cooked through.
- Then spread several spoons of sauce on top of the chicken.
- Lay a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken piece. Place a domed lid on top of the entire pan and allow the heat to really melt the cheese slices for a few minutes. Turn off heat while you finish pasta - the simmering sauce will keep the chicken from drying out.
- Meanwhile, as soon as water boils, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and add some olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Toss the pasta with remaining half jar of sauce. For me, this was plenty to thoroughly coat the pasta. But if you love extra sauce, you can open another jar!
- Use tongs to scoop a generous amount of pasta into shallow pasta bowls. Place chicken parmesan on top.
- Serve immediately!
You don’t have to wait for the weekend, a restaurant, or a special occasion to enjoy a good chicken parmesan! Make this your go-to skillet dish! Or find more of the best pasta sauce recipe ideas with RAGÚ pasta sauce here:
What are your favorite cast iron skillet recipes for easy weeknight dinners? Pin this one to try:
WIN a RAGÚ Prize Pack!
One lucky reader will win a RAGÚ prize pack box that includes goodies like a jar of sauce, canvas bag and apron, garlic press, and spiralizer! ARV $50+!! Enter in the form below: