Welcome to the October 2014 Write 31 Days Challenge! I’m taking it on with a topic that hits all the things near and dear to my heart: My boys, Motherhood, and Poetry!
Let’s see what comes out of this mix! This will be my “landing page” for the series and I’ll update it with each new day’s post!
1.The Poetry of Parenting Boys (Intro post)
2.A Poem is a Boy (poem)
3. Finding Words for Boys (a word art poem and suggested activity)
4. How I See You (a poem for my first son)
5. Every Prayer is a poem (writing activity for parents)
6. Poetry for Parents (inspiring quote)
8. When Dad Reads Poetry (challenge yourself!)
10. Looking Up, A Mother Sees (Sestina Poem)
11. Travel Day – Sorry!
13. Poetry Kids Will Actually Enjoy (book list!)
17. Songs are Poetry
18. How I See You (a poem for my second son)
19. Prayer Poems for Children (using their gifts)
22. Mentor Parents
23. Catalog of Parenting (a list poem)
24. Stick Your Tongue Out (Boys Can Be Gross)
25. Brothers (Diamonte Poem)
27. Taken by Surprise (Triolet Poem)
28. [writer’s block!]
29. You are a story (extended metaphor)
30. Keep My Words (a lullaby)
31. I’ve learned… (recap and reflection)