Ah, February. Heart Month! Not just for lovers!! February is also heart health month! Now, we should be concerned with our heart health every month… and while I think the majority of the recipes on my blog are healthy and good for your heart, here’s one especially for Heart Health Month: Caprese Chicken Recipe – perfect for a family or a romantic date night at home!
Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 3 Thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 4 Large basil leaves
- 9 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 Cup cold pressed olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a glass baking dish, place your 3 pieces of chicken into bottom of the pan
- Cook your chicken for 25 minutes
- While your chicken is cooking, cut 2 of your basil leaves into small strips
- Place your cut basil leaves into your cold pressed olive oil, let sit for the whole 25 minutes
- Now slice your tomatoes to the thickness you like
- After your chicken is done baking, drizzle half your basil infused olive oil onto your chicken breasts, straining out your basil
- Place your 3 slices of fresh mozzarella onto each chicken breast
- Now set 2 tomatoes on top of the fresh mozzarella
- Drizzle the rest of your basil infused olive oil on top of your chicken
- To finish your bruschetta chicken sprinkle the last 2 cut basil leaves on top of your chicken
- Bake for a remaining 15 minutes and enjoy!
Loving your heart!
Another way to help maintain a healthy heart is to really understand your health insurance plan. You may be entitled to free wellness checkups and other services, depending on your plan. Learn more about health insurance and be sure you have the right plan for your family and health status at United Healthcare!
Sponsored by United Healthcare; I received compensation for sharing this message. All opinions are my own. I am not responsible for fulfilling giveaway prizes.