We’ll be hopping into the van a lot this Christmas season going back and forth to visit friends and family.
Some of our trips will be Looooong! To save time, money, and eat healthful foods (drive-throughs often lead us to poor snack choices!!), here’s my list of must-have snacks for the road!
- Trail Mix / Nuts
- Granola bars
- Cheese Sticks and crackers (it’s like a little traveling appetizer)
- Hard-boiled eggs (a little protein in the round!)
- Egg McMommies (you know, a healthier version of the one you can get through the drive-thru?)
- Veggie sticks (carrots and celery)
- Fruit Puree pouches (like from Earth’s Best! Good for all ages and keeps the mess down)
- Pretzels (you need a crunchy snack!)
- Twizzlers (for a little something sweet)
- Sunflower Seeds (note: I don’t really recommend these as they can be messy, but they ARE on our list because hubby loves them!)
- Clementine oranges (easy to peel and soooo deliciously juicy – bring paper towels!)
- Bottled water (we usually fill up our own bottles)
Having a cooler full of delicious snacks makes watching what passes by the window much more fun! And keeps us trucking down the road!
What are your must-have road trip snacks? How far do you travel for holiday visits?
This is a partnered post with Kia as part of the #KiaHoliday campaign. All text and opinions are my own.