Thanks to BJ’s Wholesale Club for sponsoring this post and helping me throw a baby sprinkle under $100!
I firmly believe all babies and their expectant mamas should be celebrated in some way. The Baby Sprinkle – a small, intimate shower – is the perfect way to do this. And you don’t have to break the bank. Here’s how to throw a baby sprinkle under $100!
Throw a Baby Sprinkle Under $100
Pick a simple theme, and don’t go crazy with decorations, as that adds to the cost. A few balloons, and themed paper goods go a long way!Veggies and fruit are always a welcome healthy addition to any party. Either grab a pre-made tray of each at your BJ’s wholesale. I prefer a customized tray though, since my family doesn’t like melons (which most fruit trays have), so I grabbed a box of strawberries and a box of grapes, and put them on a tiered plate stand. This also gave the table decor some height! For veggies, I picked up some dip and four kinds of veggies to put into my lazy Susan server (also from BJ’s!).
Cheese and crackers are also a party staple. A box of entertainment crackers and a precut cheese platter with four different cheeses takes the prep work out for you!
Hot appetizers make your party seem like a bit “more” without costing too much more. BJ’s freezer section has a wide variety of heat and serve appetizers, and I picked up four kinds for our party:
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Bites (amazing!)
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Moe’s Chicken & Cheese Mini Tacos (just for something different, and really good too!)
Have a beautiful cake as a center piece. BJ’s has two-tiered cakes that make a big impression. You can order them just 24 hours in advance, so if you’re putting something together last minute, not to worry, you’ll get your cake and eat it too! Bakery made cakes for a fraction of the cost – just $29.99 for a cake that serves up to 40 people!
Tips for ordering your two-tiered cake at BJ’s Wholesale Club:
- Select a themed cake from their catalog. BJ’s offers 16 licensed themes, and can also be customized to your own specifications!
- Customize your cake by picking out frosting and trim colors – you can have different frosting on the top and bottom tier. I chose white with polka dots on top and yellow with flowers on the bottom (the flowers I added custom because my sister-in-law doesn’t know the gender, so I did dots for a boy and flowers for a girl!).
- Choose writing or a topper. I wanted the cake to be really pretty and simple, so I declined both. Be sure to tell your bakery that you want the top tier to be dead-center, as usually they offset it for writing.
Ice cream is a must for the cake, or for people who don’t like cake (what!? Who are those people!?).
Buying prepared foods and easy to cook apps helped our Baby Sprinkle come together with minimal prep work and very little time! I’d say less than an hour of heating and food plating to get the whole table up and going!
Then you are free to spend your time admiring all those sweet little baby gifts the mom is unwrapping. Ooh and ahh and serve the cake, please!
Limited Time Offer – Free 90-Day Membership to BJ’s Wholesale Club!
Members at BJ’s Wholesale Club save 25% off grocery store prices* every day and find twice as many items as other warehouse clubs, including groceries, electronics, home goods and more.
My favorite perks of BJ’s Club membership are:
- Valuable Coupons – BJ’s accepts more coupons than any other warehouse clubs.
- Custom-Cut Meats – BJ’s butchers are standing by to recut and repackage any selection at no charge.
- Exclusive Club Brands – Save on our high-quality Wellsley Farms® and Berkley Jensen® brands.
- Easy Party Planning – Wow guests with fresh deli platters, custom cakes and cookie trays.
- Gas Savings – Our gas prices are consistently rated as the best around. Find great low prices on fuel every day at 130 locations.
Print the Free 90-Day Membership coupon at www.BJs.com/savings and visit your local BJ’s club to activate your trial membership.
* 25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to the leading grocery stores in our trade areas. For more information visit BJs.com/25percentterms.
Throw a Baby Sprinkle Under $100 has been sponsored by BJ’s Wholesale Club. All opinions are my own.