We’ve been trying out a lot of winter / Christmas crafts these days. Probably at least one a day! (yes, I’m on a mission to test out every kiddo craft idea I find on Pinterest. Actually, I don’t even know if I saw this one on Pinterest so maybe you can go ahead and pin it for me?).
These stained glass jar ornaments make another great use of those Earth’s Best jarred baby food containers. Although the only empty one I could find was a large jar, and because of the weight, I would recommend using the very small first stage size jar or a regular / medium jar!
- Glass baby food jar
- Plastic Wrap
- Round Tag / Sticker
- Into a clean, empty baby food jar, put several drops of a few different colors of poster paint. (If you drop them around the glass at different points the design/swirls will be different).
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap (this is to protect the lid).
- Place lid on the jar and let your child shake and roll the paint around for a bit. Depending on the thickness of the paint this make take a minute or two. Our paint was really thick so I actually had to shake it vigorously to get the paint moving before handing it to my son.
- When you are satisfied with the design / swirls, remove the plastic wrap. It’s best to be sure the paint is well spread around the glass, not puddling up in the bottom as this will take much longer to dry. Allow to dry.
- Drape ribbon over the top of the jar, replace lid tightly (you could glue it). Tie the two ends of the ribbon into a knot to make a loop.
- Glue a round tag or sticker on top of the jar for decoration. You could write a message on here or leave blank.
- Optional: You could write a message on the glass part with a gold or silver metallic Sharpie marker
- Hang on the tree!
What other Christmas crafts would you use a baby food jar for? Because I have lots of ideas!
Check out my other Upcycled Containers Ideas:
This post was written as part of the Earth’s Best Blogger program. I was provided product samples to facilitate this post, and may be eligible for additional blogger rewards. All opinions are 100% my own.