I went away to a blog conference this past weekend and brought back tons of ideas, thoughts, plans, dreams and… a sore throat.
I should’ve brought more of my essential oils with me, but I was nervous about flying with them (many people do without issue, but… I didn’t want to chance it!).
So… now that I’m in the midst of soothing this symptom, I figured it’d be a good time to share some of the ways I use essential oils to protect against illness in my family, and to soothe and speed recovery when we do get sick.
**Note: I am not a medical professional, and I believe you should consult your health care provider before beginning any new program or product. I’m just sharing what I do and what works for my family.**
Specifically, I want to share an essential oil foaming hand soap recipe with you, because that’s one of our first lines of defense: handwashing frequently. We boost the benefits of handwashing by adding Young Living Thieves essential oil blend to our handsoap.
- 1 Foaming soap dispenser (you can buy the parts, but I just use old bottles)
- 1 cup water
- 3 T Castile soap (any scent, but I prefer unscented so the oils' scent comes through).
- Essential oil of your choice - about 15-20 drops, but you can add oils to your preference.
- Add water to the foaming soap bottle. If one cup won't fit in your bottle, you may want to adjust the measurements of the other ingredients, but it's really fairly flexible.
- Add castile soap (add more than the 3T if your soap doesn't hold its foam well).
- Add drops of essential oils (I use Thieves for disinfecting purposes).
- Replace the soap dispenser top.
- Gently swish the mixture to blend.
- Test to see if foam is thick enough. Add more castile soap if it doesn't hold a foam for at least a few seconds.
Find out more about how to protect your family against illness with Thieves essential oil blend in my YouTube video:
To learn how to protect against illness all fall/winter for your family, join us TODAY for the Young Living Essential Oils Basics Facebook party: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 8:30 PST. (You can always hop in late and catch up on the videos and posts!
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils, or ordering a kit, please view my Young Living Essential Oils page!