Wow, you guys!!!! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and sharing of my post last week on how to feed your family for under $125 at Whole Foods. The response from you has been amazing and I appreciate hearing all the comments, tips and your ideas for saving more money on natural and organic shopping (visit the post to read all the tips from everyone, and enter the giveaway – it’s still open until 9/22)!
I did update the post to correct an error about the conventional produce (my fault! I’m so sorry!), and to add links to a few of the meals not provided in the post (listed at the bottom of the post were the Tomato-Cucumber Salad, and the Apricot-Glazed Pork). The new links go to the Baked Oatmeal, Quinoa Parfait, and Wafflewich PBJ.
Due to popular demand, today I’m sharing with you the recipe for those Spicy Lentil Wraps!
I can thank my Seattle friend Sarah for introducing me to these absolutely YUMMY roll up sandwiches. I have NEVER been able to duplicate her amazing results, but mine are still tasty nonetheless! And here is her recipe!
Spicy Lentil Spinach Wraps Recipe
- 6-8 Large Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1 box Salad mix (spinach or baby greens)
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salsa or chopped tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Put lentils in a small pot and cover with water to 1" above the lentils.
- Add HALF the taco seasoning package and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until lentils are tender.
- Drain off any excess water.
- Add remaining half of taco seasoning and mix well. (You may want to discard any garlic chunks if you find them or keep them in if you like!).
- Assemble the wraps
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of lentils onto a large tortilla wrap. Spread around with a knife or spoon.
- Top with lettuce, salsa, and cheese as desired.
- Roll side in slightly and then roll up wrap across and tuck under to secure.
- Should make about 4-8 wraps depending on how much lentil spread you use.
Who’s going to try this recipe out this weekend!? I’d love to know how you like it!
What’s your favorite wrap recipe? I find I save so much money when I make wraps for the family!