If you’re looking for a sweet Valentine’s Day “Make and Take” project, then these “Write Friend” Valentine’s Day card printables are perfect for your kids to make and give!
This year I’ve loved my boys catch the writing bug. They love making cards and sending mail, and writing notes and little stories. Adorbable. I’ve been going nuts designing Valentine’s Day card printables for them to send to friends. Today I saw this idea in one of my Usborne Books & More groups, so I borrowed the catchy phrase and designed my own card printable for my boys!
Make & Give: “Write” Friend Valentine’s Day Card
- My free printable Valentine’s Cards worksheet (see below to download)
- White cardstock
- Dry Erase Markers – enough for the number of projects you’ll make!
- Metal Book Rings (there are plastic ones too) – enough for each project
- Bakery Twine or any kind of ribbon/string
- Single Hole Puncher
- Usborne Wipe-Clean Activity Cards – there’s three sets to choose from: Animal Doodles, Travel Doodles, and 100 Things for Little Children to Do on a Trip
Print out enough Valentine’s for the number of cards you’ll need (there’s 4 to a sheet). Cut apart and have children label and sign.
Select 2-3 Wipe-Clean cards for each gift. Place a Valentine Card on top. Hole punch the corner of these cards and connect with a metal book ring.
Slip a dry erase marker into the ring, then tie it on with bakery twine. This isn’t super secure, but usually it’s enough to keep it in place long enough. Or, put everything in a tiny gift bag.
Hand out your Valentine’s Cards!!
Shop for your supplies here:
Koolemon Handheld Metal DIY Craft Paper Puncher Single Hole Punch Hand Tool with Grip (Heart-5.5mm)Business Source Single Hole Punch (62895)Regpre Loose Leaf Book Rings 0.75/1 Inch 100 Pcs and Single Hole PunchThe Classics 1-Inch Diameter 50 Count Book Rings in Assorted Bright Colors (TPG-189)BAZIC Metal Book Rings, 1 Inch, Assorted, 10 Per PackPaper Clips Creative Heart Shaped Metal Clamps Bookmark for Art Projects Scrape Book Office School Supplies Pack of 50The Gift Wrap Company Baker’s Twisted Twine, 500 yd, Red/WhiteLow-Odor Black Dry Erase Markers 16-Count by Label Me Chalk
Kids love the Wipe-Clean Activity Cards
The Usborne Wipe-Clean activity card sets are awesome for so many purposes. Not the least of which is how you can separate the packs for little projects like this. Each side of the card has a fun activity like mazes, word searches, finish the drawing, or find similarities, etc. I like to keep a dozen on a ring in the car, so my boys have something to do while we drive. Then we’re not constantly wasting paper!
Usborne makes three card sets like this, each with fifty cards in a box.
- Animal Doodles – 50 simple animal-themed doodle activity cards
- Travel Doodles – 50 cards with travel themed activities
- 100 Things for Little Children to do on a Trip – 50 cards with puzzles, doodles, and things to spot activities
These cards are listed for ages 6+, but my youngest has been doodling happily with these since before he was five. So they really span a range of ages.
Click to get your free printable “Write” Friend Valentine’s Day Cards so your kids can make and give these adorable cards! (Shipping is quick, but I’d order soon to get these cards in time for Valentine’s!).
If you love printable Valentine’s cards, check out these other options:
- Pop Art Valentine’s Cards to color – free printable!
- Love Notes from God – free printable verse cards
- Punny Animal Valentine Card Printables (and a donut in there too!)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.