Each year, I have tried to simplify my celebration of special days and events. A card, phone call, or text is often all that is needed to show people in your life you care, you notice, you appreciate them. When a gift is appropriate, I like to keep it simple and practical. Most of my mom friends are readers (as am I!), so this year I celebrate you moms with a few gift ideas for book loving moms!
This is a sponsored post as part of my blog ambassadorship with BJ’s Wholesale Club.
Gift Ideas for Book Loving Moms
- A trip to a local bookstore is always a nice idea. Some shops have tea and coffee spaces for visiting. Catching up with an mom over books is always a treat, and a gift in itself.
- Create bookmarks with cardstock, or old mementos. Write or stamp quotes from authors or famous books on it!
- Find out what her next book club read is, and buy it for her in advance!
- Even non-readers may enjoy a book of sudoku or card games, adult coloring books, or cookbooks!
- Serve her a snack on a tray with a new book! Tell mom you’ve got the kids for the next hour or so, and let her dive right into that crisp new read!
But here’s how to really kick that book-tastic gift up a few notches:
- Offer a new take on breakfast in bed with soft new organic sheets for your reading-mom to snuggle up in! (Tip: Wash the sheets and make up the bed the night before and tell her to sleep in. Then slip a tray of coffee, breakfast treats, and new book title in right when you know she’s going to wake up!).
- Create an at-home BOOK SPA to rejuvenate a tired mom, with the addition of luxurious towels, sleepwear, beauty products, and extra books!
- If mom’s an outdoor-type of reader, set up a beach-style reading spot with a beach-chair or chaise lounger, towel, and sunglasses along with her favorite reading material!
- Put a bouquet of flowers on the dresser for her to enjoy a visual treat with her intellectual book treat!
Any book loving mom will appreciate a gift that gives a nod to her love of books! If you give her TIME for reading quietly, she’ll appreciate it all the more! I think, really, what most moms would love on Mother’s Day is simply the gift of a little time to do something they love!
It’s amazing how simple it is to pull together quick and memorable gift ideas for book loving moms. I was at my local BJ’s Wholesale Club a few weeks ago and noticed they had a whole aisle of the latest book titles. That’s where I got the idea for this post and realized how much I LOVE receiving books as gifts!
You can really get everything you need for a gift at BJ’s – a novel, organic bedding, individual snacks, Mother’s Day cards and gift wrap! Find gifts at any price point too – the book was only $9.99, sheets were $29.99, snacks were under $12 (and you only need a few per person!). And cards were 50% off!
I even spied a few non-book related items that would make awesome gifts:
- A plant-your-own Calla lily in a watering can for $14.99.
- Grow-your-own herb kits!
- A no-bake pie-in-a-jar kit with 4 delightful Mason jars for $14.99.
- Fresh cut flowers ranging from $8.99-19.99.
It’s pretty easy to keep it simple when it comes to gift giving and appreciating moms.
Get a 90-day FREE Membership Pass!
Not a current BJ’s Wholesale Club Member? BJ’s Wholesale Club is offering non-members a Free 90-Day Membership available now through Sunday, July 3.
Shoppers can print the coupon and visit their local BJ’s club to activate their trial. Once enrolled, shoppers are given a membership number and will receive a membership card upon visiting the member services desk.
BJ’s is also currently offering a 15 month membership for $40 now through Sunday, July 3 plus a coupon book with more than $2,000 worth of savings.
$50 BJ’s Wholesale Club Gift Card Giveaway
Oh and here’s a gift for you! Enter for a chance to WIN a $50 BJ’s Wholesale Club gift card! Just my way of giving one lucky reader their own treat at Mother’s Day! Enter in the form below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post and I was compensated for my time and effort. All love of books, shopping BJ’s, and gift-giving is my own!