I read this somewhere: Did you know MOM flipped upside-down spells: WOW? Moms have WOW-ability, juggling kids, meals, hubbies, jobs, house, and more! So if you’re looking to show a mom in your life that you love her WOW… here’s some thoughtful Mother’s Day gift ideas that are gonna make her day!
Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Audiobooks give her hands-free reading time!
Many moms I know say they’d LOVE to read, but don’t have the time. Audiobooks from Audible will be a welcome gift! Personally, I hate choosing between resting my eyes and enjoying a good book (I pick the book!). With an audiobook, moms can rest their eyes and enjoy the story. Do housework while catching up on the latest nonfiction title. Or drive the kids around while getting deep into a favorite series.
Give a mom who loves to read a subscription to Audible! Choose 1-, 3-, 6-, or 12-month subscriptions, which makes Audible a great gift choice for any budget. Each month comes with 1 free credit good for any title PLUS 2 Audible Originals titles, and additional perks and savings. If they’re already using Audible, they’ll receive your gift as additional credits to their account right away. Or, you can even send a specific book title as a gift!
Audible books are accessible on a Kindle or any device these days. Here’s something cool – if you start an Audible audiobook on one device and switch devices? It remembers where you left off! Downloaded titles remain as part of their permanent library. Although you can use the Audible app on many devices, I love my Kindle Fire. Pairing a Kindle with an Audible subscription is a wonderful combo gift!
Check out my favorite encouraging books for Mother’s Day gifts to see what I’d recommend!
Last minute food gifts are sweet
If you think you’ve waited too long to send mom something – think again! At Gourmet Gift Baskets, procrastinators can order up until May 10 at 3 p.m. EST (that’s just 2 days before Mother’s Day!).
Gourmet Gift Baskets has new selection of Mother’s Day gift ideas (baskets, towers, cakes and more). To see them all click here.
New Lavender Mother’s Day Gift Tower: Elegant springtime lavender boxes are filled with sophisticated treats for Moms to enjoy. Delicious dark chocolate sea salt caramels, Byrd’s Famous Key Lime Cookies, roasted and salted pistachios, dark chocolate almonds, butter toffee peanuts, and caramel popcorn. Brighten Mom’s day with this cheery gift.
And I love this one: The New Gardening Gift Basket! The perfect gift basket for the gardening mom. Complete with essential gardening tools plus delicious gourmet treats to fuel Mom’s green thumb. Sweet and thin crisp cookies, trail mix, and kettle corn will keep her energized!
If your mom is trying to eat a bit healthier and/or is gluten free, there’s even a Gluten Free basket that is perfect for special diets. I received this basket for review and it’s loaded with crunchy snacks, candies, and even a jar of jam to spread on the gluten-free crackers or use for another snack! Plus, it comes in a lovely basket that can be reused after all the snacks are gone.
Brighten her life with portable music
You know how much I love our JBL Clip which I featured in my Teacher Appreciation Gift Guide? Well… upgrade for the moms in your life with JBL Flip 4. Their Flip series speakers are award-winning, and here’s why:
- waterproof – You CAN go swimming with this speaker! It will play underwater even. You don’t have to worry about the baby knocking your speaker into the kiddie pool!
- 12 hours of wireless listening – stream through up to three devices (smartphones, or tablets) for pretty much your whole day!
- connection – link up (connect) your JBL Flip 4 to over 100 other JBL speakers with JBL Connect+. What a very cool sound system you could create for yourself. You know how moms are always running from room to room in the house? Just stick a speaker in each room so you can hear your music or podcasts no matter where you go!
- hands free phone calls – Take your phone calls on this speaker, too (just, not while it’s connected to those 100 other speakers!?). Chat on the phone hands-free with clear sound while changing the baby, prepping dinner, or doing the million other things you need to do!
Get the JBL Flip 4 on Amazon!
Moms can relax with a coloring book
A Giving Heart is a coloring book that celebrates motherhood, by artist Stephanie Corfee. The 48 pages feature gorgeous Scripture artwork for coloring. Each page encourages and inspires moms. Every page has a lovely drawing to color and either a Bible verse or a famous quote about motherhood to delight a mom’s soul. Use it for your own reflection, or for quiet time with your children. A coloring book is a lovely gift to give to your mom friends, or for children to give to their mothers.
Find A Giving Heart on Amazon (affiliate link)
Give moms’ feet a rest!
I remember how my feet would throb and swell when I was pregnant and during postpartum healing. Or maybe you’ve got varicose veins from years of childbearing and/or being on your feet all the time (or genetics! like me!). Tootsies compression socks can offer you comfort and relief for your tired feet by supporting and restoring blood circulation, easing muscle soreness, and helping you recover!
With bright patterns and vibrant colors, nobody will even know you’re wearing compression socks! The nylon/Spandex blend makes these durable and breathable. Try the knee-high or ankle length socks to fit your needs and style.
I love my African Bolga Basket for keeping batches of books for our homeschool. It’s perfect for storing books, blankets, or all the flotsam and jetsam of family life! Plus they are beautiful and fair trade, so purchases support another mom or family across the ocean! Every basket is unique and colorful and the design you receive will be a delightful surprise, but they are all lovely!
Some Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts
Nearly all the above items can be purchased within days of Mother’s Day for a timely gift. But if you’re pressed for time, here’s a few more Amazon Prime items that would be fun to give a mom and are sure to arrive even if ordered last minute!
- Black Felt Letter Board – for leaving fun messages and inspirational sayings for your family to read!
- Artwork Frame Display – display and archive your child’s artwork in seconds, then add new pieces to the front of the old ones thanks to the handy hinged door front on the frame! (different sizes are available)
- One Line a Day Journal – a five year journal that only requires you to write a line a day! Great for busy moms and you can see previous year’s entries for reflection purposes.
More Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Ideas!
- An experience gift never sits around and gets dusty!
- Jewelry from The Vintage Pearl is always sweet
- Bibles with gorgeous covers make thoughtful gifts
- Relaxation gift ideas for mom never go out of style
- Make a DIY Salt Glow Scrub and give her time to relax!
What’s your favorite gift to give the moms in your life? What’s the best gift idea you’ve seen or received?
Thanks to the brands mentioned who sponsored this post by sending products for my use and review. All opinions are my own.